Originally one of the first songs written & recorded near Weathering’s start in January 2019, and prior released as a demo on Bandcamp, the haunting single, Chimera gets a new life with a proper recording and rendition. The official version of Chimera incorporates a larger atmosphere with a lingering synth and bigger drums behind Elinor’s signature voice.
Joining Chimera on the b-side is a beautiful cover of a favorite and influential Depeche Mode track, ‘Blue Dress’.
- Pre-orders include an immediate download of 'Blue Dress'
- The full EP will be delivered via email on the release date, September 24, 2020.
- The lathe record will be housed in a screen-printed foldover jacket on “Black Licorice” French Paper cardstock.
- Shirts are printed on “Pepper” Comfort Colors 1717
- Lathe cut records are cut manually, meaning the drop of the cutting needle is done by hand. This means that auto-players will not always track the beginning grooves. They may have slightly more surface noise (due to static build-up and dust) or an occasional light distortion in some frequencies but are still very listenable. The volume will be a little lower than a modern record, so please increase the volume on your speakers when spinning. The records should track well, even on more standard turntables, but if you have problems, adjust your tonearm weight and your anti-skate settings.
First Press | 7" Lathe
25 Clear Square-Cut Lathe w/ screenprinted jacket